PSE – The efficient rangeThe PSE has been designed to meet the most common requirements from the water segment and is specialized on pump operation. It combines the requested protections with a very compact design and built-in bypass. Remote operation with external keypad or over fieldbus is available as an option.
- Rated operational current: 18…370 A
- Operational voltage: 208…600 V AC
- Wide rated control supply voltage: 100…250 V AC, 50/60 Hz
- Voltage ramp and torque control for both start and stop
- Two-phase controlled
- Current limit
- Built-in bypass for energy saving and easy installation
- Coated PCBA protecting from dust, moist and corrosive atmosphere
- Illuminated display that uses symbols to become language neutral
- External keypad rated IP66 (Type 1, 4X,12) as an option
- NEW Built-in Modbus-RTU communication for monitoring and control.
- Fieldbus communication with Fieldbus plug adapter and the Fieldbus plug
- Analog output for display of motor current
- Electronic overload protection
- Underload protection
- Locked rotor protection
Basic motor protection and current limit
The PSE includes the most important protections for handling different load situations that can happen to pumps e.g. overload and underload. The current limit gives you more control of the motor during start and allows you to start your motor in weaker networks.
Saving time and money with built-in bypass and compact design
On the PSE, the bypass is built in and verified by ABB, saving you time during installation and space in your panel. The keypad is language neutral and illuminated for easy set-up and operation in field. The compact design makes installation fast and easy.
Torque control for the elimination of water hammering in pumps
Torque control is the most efficient way to stop a full speed pump. The PSE has a special torque stop ramp that is designed together with a pump manufacturer to eliminate water hammering in an optimal way.
Digital input for start, stop and reset
Output signal relays for run, top of ramp and event
Clear markings on the front for easy installation
- Green ready LED
Flashing – Suppy available
Steady – Main available
- Green run LED
Flashing – Ramping up/down
Steady – TOR
- Yellow protection LED
- Red fault LED