ACS880, Single Drives 0.55 to 3200 kWThe AC880 is an all-compatible ABB industrial drive, offered in a range of wall-mounted drives, drive modules and cabinet-built drives.
Reliability, performance and safety.
The all-compatible ACS880 series
Reliability and flexibility
ABB’s all-compatible drives are designed to provide customers across industries and applications with unprecedented levels of compatibility and flexibility. Our ACS880 drive modules are optimized for panel building. They are customized to meet the particular needs of specific industries, such as oil and gas, mining, metals, chemicals, cement, power plants, material handling, pulp and paper, sawmills, marine, water and wastewater, food and beverage, and automotive. They can control a wide range of applications, including cranes, extruders, winches, winders, conveyors, mixers, compressors, centrifuges, test benches, elevators, extruders, pumps and fans.
Reliability and consistent high quality
ACS880 drives are designed for customers who value high quality and robustness in their applications. They have features such as coated boards, making the ACS880 suitable for harsh conditions. Additionally, every ACS880 drive is factory-tested at full load to ensure maximum reliability. The tests include performance and all protective functions.
High performance, safety and configurability
The ACS880 offers the highest level of performance. The drives are equipped with ABB’s signature direct torque control (DTC), which provides precise speed and torque control for all applications and supports virtually any type of motor.
Extensive ACS880 offering includes wall-mounted drives, drive modules and cabinet-built drives, as well as low harmonic and regenerative variants.
The ACS880 has all the essential features built-in reducing the time required for engineering, installation and commissioning. A wide range of options are also available to optimize the drive for different requirements, including certified, integrated safety features.
Simplify your world
without limiting your possibilities
The ACS880 industrial drive is equipped with built-in features that simplify ordering and delivery, and reduce commissioning costs, since everything is provided in a single, compact and ready-to-use package.
Easy to use
- All-compatible ACS880 drives share
the same easy-to-use user interface.
Simple to select and install
- All the essential features built-in for
simple drive selection, installation and use
- Flexible product configurations
- Enclosure classes for different environments
- Possibility for flange mounting
- Communication with all major automation networks
- Remote monitoring
- Mobile connectivity
- Integration tools for PLCs from ABB and various other manufacturers
- Robust, long lifetime design for
- Removable memory unit
- Each drive factory tested at full load
- Nine-year service interval
ACS880 drives are designed for maximum reliability
Cost and time savings with drive-based functional safety
- Safe torque off built-in as standard
- Optional safety modules for extended
Compatible with all kinds of processes
- Direct torque control (DTC) for precise speed and torque control
- Support for various motor types
- Extensive selection of drives, including regenerative and ultra-low harmonic variants
- Global product approvals, e.g. CE, UL, cUL, CSA, marine certifications, ATEX
- Worldwide service and support
Application- and industry-specific solutions and programmability
- Tailored, optimized solutions for various applications and industries
- Drive-based application programming